2019 RAM 1500 Towing Features
The 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity isn’t the product of raw power alone. Although its available engine options and drivetrain configurations certainly offer impressive capabilities, this year’s RAM 1500 towing features are designed to help you work smarter, and not just harder. Here are the components that will let you pull out all the stops on your or job site:
- High-Strength Steel Frame: Over 98% of the RAM 1500 body has been composed of high-strength steel. This dependable material allows the RAM to stand up to increased pressure, and to overcome challenges that would cause others to shrink back.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Navigating the job site becomes a whole lot easier when you can take advantage of a Blind Spot Monitoring System with Rear Cross Path detection. The system even detects the length of your trailer, and takes this factor into account when delivering warnings.
- eTorque Mild Hybrid System: In this model year, RAM has replaced the traditional alternator with a 48-volt battery-powered, belt-driven motor generator. The result is a hybrid pickup truck that’s able to offer more power and a better drive on the roads of .
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The new TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission has been designed to improve the RAM 1500 towing capability by finding optimal shift points automatically. It also delivers a smoother, more enjoyable ride.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes make the RAM 1500 better at stopping quickly than other members of its class. Whether you’re carrying a trailer or not, you’ll enjoy greater piece of mind on streets.
- Class-Exclusive Active Level™ Suspension: The Active Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension system picks up your vehicle when you need more clearance, and automatically lowers in order to reduce drag at highway speed. A new aerodynamic design and an active air dam keep the wind from working against you when you’re hauling heavy cargo.
RAM 1500 Towing Specifications
Now that you’ve had the chance to explore the 2019 RAM 1500 towing features, we’re sure that there will be one big question on your mind: how much can the RAM 1500 tow? The RAM 1500 towing specs depend on the engine you select for your model, but no option is anything less than impressive, giving the RAM 1500 greater towing than competitors like the Chevy Silverado 1500:
- The 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque allows the RAM 1500 to tow up to 7,730 pounds.
- The Pentastar® produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- With the 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine, you’ll have a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- The HEMI® produces up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
- The most powerful option is a 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque, which lets you tow up to 12,750 pounds.
- The HEMI® with eTorque also generates 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
The maximum RAM 1500 payload ranges from 2,100 pounds to 2,300 pounds depending on which trim you select.
Test Out the 2019 RAM 1500 Towing Features at Ray Brandt Auto Group
By the numbers, there’s no denying that this pickup truck has a lot to offer Harvey drivers. However, if you really want to understand the RAM 1500 towing features and specs, you’ll need to experience them for yourself! Contact us today to test drive the new RAM 1500 you’ve been searching for.